The Texas Mushroom Festival
The mission of the Texas Mushroom Festival is to make a major contribution to the ever improving quality of life in the City of Madisonville by providing its citizens with a significant and continuing source of community pride, a citywide celebration by and for every citizen and a means of promoting the benefits of a common bond between the people, businesses, government, education and civic organizations which make up our community.
The Mushroom Festival will strive to continually increase its draw as a regional tourism magnet, growing stronger in appeal-power every year, presenting an opportunity to showcase our city's hospitality, and ultimately impacting the economic growth of Madisonville.
- Provide a unique cultural and educational experience for Texans.
- Expand tourism and create opportunities for local organizations and businesses to showcase their products and services.
- To establish and maintain an administrative committee to achieve the purposes outlined in the mission statement.
- To promote agricultural, culinary, and fine arts in East Texas.
- To provide opportunities for local organizations to raise revenue and give volunteers a sense of community pride.
- To provide fun activities and opportunities which have a broad appeal to East Texans.
Strategic Goal -
To become recognized as one to the top festivals in Texas
2013 Texas Mushroom Festival
Camilla Viatar, President/Treasurer
Father Mike Barone, Past President/Advertising
Britt Allen, 1st Vice-President/Sponsorships
Donna Isaacs, 2nd Vice-President/Festival Gate
Jackie Senders, Secretary
Diane Gatlin, Member-at-Large
Susan Warmuth, Woodbine Hotel/Gala Dinner
Danny Singletary, Madisonville City Manager
Sharon Phelps, Madisonville Area Revitalization Initiative/Vendors
Delores Williams, Madison County Arts Council/Photography Contest
PLANNING TEAM MEMBERS
Marvin Stanton, Shiitake 5K Run
Dan Swanson, Auto Showcase
Barbara Richter & Melissa Isaacs, Ambassador Search
Chanon Motheral, Wineries
Liz Pena, Winery Volunteers
Wes Hammit, Cooking Showcase
Texas Mushroom Festival
P.O. Box 695 - Madisonville , Texas 77864